If you have questions for me, feel free to ask here, on Facebook or on Nextdoor.
Here is a short reply. I would enjoy talking (phone, email or in person) with anyone at your convenience.
- Southside and Waddell. In my first term, I advocated for and obtained funding for sidewalks.
- Initiated first affordable housing survey of Beaufort County through budget appropriation. Some council members didn’t think affordable housing was an issue but I convinced them to support the survey. Currently working to establish a Regional Housing Trust Fund.
- Rural and Critical Lands program – I can send you a list but includes the park at Ft. Frederick in Port Royal and acquisition of parcel for stormwater and preservation in Shell Point.
- As an advocate for stormwater management, I work with the joint project with the City, DOT, and county in Mossy Oaks. Advocated for stormwater engineering study in Shell Point and the upcoming grant applications.
- Member of the Southside Park Task Force and part of the neighborhood group pushing for it. Pickleball at Southside Park and Shell Point parks .
In the next four years, I will use my experience and abilities to collaborate with other local governments and agencies so we can accomplish common goals such as providing affordable housing; allerviating traffic problems such as Ribaut Road; managing stormwater and protecting our water quality; ensuring economic diversity and nurturing military economic drivers in northern Beaufort County.